- 90 minutes
- Price From
As AFM joins the worldwide celebration of Brubeck’s 100th birthday, we also pay special tribute to Dave Brubeck’s appearances with Anchorage Festival of Music in the 1970s. This multimedia experience combines archival images and recordings from Brubeck's historic Anchorage performances with timeless Brubeck classics such as Take Five and Blue Rondo à la Turk, performed live by the Melissa “Jazzmom” Fischer Trio. Our special guest host is internationally renowned bass-baritone Carl DuPont, who will also perform Brubeck’s beautiful solo songs.
The concert will showcase Brubeck’s seamless ability to fuse jazz and classical styles as well as his wide emotive range. Listeners will discover Brubeck’s true gifts: the ability to make complex meters accessible and engaging and to create works of wit and humor, even as he was unafraid to confront serious themes of social justice.
Carl DuPont, bass-baritone
The Melissa “Jazzmom” Fischer Quartet:
Melissa Fischer, piano
Pat Owens, trumpet/flugelhorn
Ray Booker, bass
John Damberg, drums
Ticket required for ages 2 and older. Under age 2 enter free if seated on adult lap.
All COVID-19 Protocols are temporary and subject to change.
Please stay home if you have had a fever or experienced COVID-like symptoms within 48 hours of the event.
Face masks must be worn over the nose and mouth by all audience members. Staff will be wearing masks too. If you do not have a mask, we have a free one for you.
This event will be sold to 100% capacity with no empty seats.
If you already have tickets and are concerned that your current seats may not fulfill your needs, please complete this special seating request form.
- All levels of the Performing Arts Center have wheelchair accessible locations where patrons may either remain seated in their wheelchairs or transfer to portable seats. Courtesy wheelchairs may be borrowed while on site thanks to the Carolyn Ramey Memorial Fund.
Select seats labeled with a wheelchair icon to choose these seats.
- All levels of the Performing Arts Center have scooter accessible locations where patrons may either remain seated in their scooter or transfer to portable seats. Scooters cannot be placed in the aisles due to the Performing Arts Center's evacuation plan. Patrons are welcome to transfer to a Performing Arts Center transport wheelchair in the lobby to gain access to permanent seat locations. Scooters will be stored in the lobbies.
An ASL Interpreter will sign this event on 04-27-2022.
- Select seats labeled with an eye icon to purchase seats with a view of the interpreter. For more information, send us a message from our CenterTix contact page or call 907-263-ARTS (2787).
- Sound from the stage is broadcast directly to you by our in-house listening system (Listen Technologies LR-52000-072). This system has a standard 3.5mm output jack, so you can use your own headset or one of our stereo headsets. A limited number of T-coil compatible loop lanyards are also available. Listening devices are kept at the House Manager's station in the lobby prior to and during performances. This service is free of charge, however a deposit or ID is required.
- Programs are available if requested at least 3 weeks prior to the event.